Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar in 1980, Guy has 40 years of experience in litigation and IT Law.
Guy is a member of UIA (Union Internationale des Avocats), of which he was Secretary General from 2003 to 2008. He also was President of the UIA Commission on Computer and Telecommunication Law, as well as Director in charge of the UIA Web-site.
He was member of the Luxembourg Bar Council (1991-1993, 1998-2000 and 2005-2009) and was President of the Bar Council from 2006-2007).
He was Justice of the Peace in Esch-Alzette (1983-2003).
He is currently member of the Luxembourg Parliament.
Before joining Bonn & Schmitt in 1988, Guy was a junior partner in a Luxembourg law firm.
- 1979 Maîtrise en Droit privé option carrière judiciaire (University of Nancy II), France
French, English, German, Luxembourgish
- Belgium And Luxembourg Practical Commercial Law, 1992, ISBN 0-85121-8962;
- The Article 1135-1 Of The Civil Code And Of The Law Of August 25, 1983 Relating To The Legal Protection Of Consumers, Bulletin François Laurent 1993 n° IV;
- The Law Relating To The Protection Of Personal Data, Bulletin François Laurent 1990 n° II;
- The Legal Protection Of Software, Diagonales à travers le droit luxembourgeois 1946-1986, p. 27-39.